League of Women Voters of Indiana County
19 Erica Drive
Indiana, PA 15701
Hours of Operation
About UsThe League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
- We care about democracy: citizens need to understand how government works at all levels and what their role is in making sure our elected representatives are responsive to the will of the people.
- We care about elections: every eligible citizen should be registered to vote and urged to go to the polls on election day.
- We care about voter information: prospective voters need unbiased, accurate information on issues and candidates in every election.
- We care about government: meetings of governing bodies at all levels must be open to the public and their records easily reviewed.
- We care about education: every child should have access to good quality public education which provides equal opportunity for all.
- We care about issues: local, state, regional and national. We study issues, come to agreement on positions, encourage legislation supporting our positions.
- We care about the environment: we study local and national environmental issues and encourage action based on science.
Who Can Join The League of Women Voters?
- Any person age 16 and over, male or female*, may join the League. Associate membership is available for all others, and student memberships are currently free.
- Joining the League of Women Voters of Indiana County also confers membership in the League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania and the League of Women Voters of the United States.
- If you would like to provide a gift of membership to a friend or family member, please contact Sandy Whitson, LWVIC Membership Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dues are $55 a year, payable to LWVIC. Student memberships are free. Email: email@example.com for more information about joining the League or go to https://lwvindianacounty.org/membership-dues-and-donations/