About InFirst Bank
InFirst Bank has served the financial needs of local communities as an independent bank for nearly 100 years. We have proudly remained headquartered in downtown Indiana since we opened in 1922.
Originally chartered as a mutual institution, InFirst Bank was initially known as Indiana County Building & Loan Association. In 1943 a transformation to a federally charted savings & loan began & we became known as First Federal Savings & Association of Indiana. Beginning in 1994 a conversion was approved to become a state-chartered mutual savings bank. This is when the former name of Indiana First Savings Bank originated.
Over time, we continued to grow, opening new branches in Indiana, Punxsutawney, Blairsville, Johnstown, Troutville, Harrison City, Greensburg, & Plumville. We launched a Commercial Lending program over 20 years ago that is grown into a full-service lending department. In 2002, InFirst Financial Advisors, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the bank was formed to provide investment, asset management, brokerage, trust & insurance services.
In 2018 we changed our name to InFirst Bank. The new name was chosen to reflect our mission as we grow into new markets. Our purpose remains the same - to continue to build stronger communities by delivering exceptional banking service with local decision making & providing essential financial tools & resources to individuals & small businesses.