About Homer Center School District
The next great epoch in school history was in 1922 when the fourth year was added and the following year we received from Harrisburg formal recognition as a high school of the first class. Mr. Byers was assisted now by Miss Louden, Miss Stewart, Miss Pfordt, and Mrs. Nemesh. Two more rooms were added.
A major renovation of the high school building took place during 1983-85. Over three million dollars was spent on improvements to the heating, plumbing, and electrical systems, as well as the physical improvements. As part of the project, a large group instruction room was added to the building and the library was expanded. Provisions were also made for access for the handicapped.